- This event has passed.
August 9, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
We began In-Person Sunday Worship on July 5, 2020 at 10:00 am.
- July 5th [COMMUNION]
- July 12th
- July 19th
- July 26th
- August 2nd [COMMUNION]
- August 9th [DIGITAL ONLY]
- August 16th
- August 23rd
- August 30th
- Those at greatest risk of infection [Frail elderly 65+, Immuno-suppressed persons or family members, etc.] should carefully consider remaining at home utilizing the digital resources Centenary UMC provides on our website: www.malonecentenaryumc.org
- We must wear masks and continue to observe social distancing of at least 6 feet for non-family groups.
- The front entrance will be the only access into Centenary UMC so that each person can be greeted and attendance taken. [Parking in the Village Office lot or on Main Street will give us the safest access.]
- We will worship in the Fellowship Hall where surfaces are easier to disinfect (to help prevent a viral spread).
- We will use a “digital” bulletin rather than pass paper to one another.
- We will NOT sing during worship quite yet as the CDC has found that choral activities have an aerosol effect and elevate the risk to everyone who has gathered. However, we will enjoy music. I will continue to gather video and music resources to share digitally. Janet Tucker will also offer live piano.
- We will observe communion on the first Sundays, but there will be some adjustments in our practice as well – communion wafers without a shared cup for now.
- We will also be dismissed from worship in in an orderly way.
My goal continues to be “safety first” for all of us as we come together as a faith community. We need to faithfully observe this “new-normal” for the foreseeable future.